httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eddy Sturg <tride2...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Change $PATH in apache
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:42:10 GMT
Hey folks,

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I've searched and read - all to no
avail.

httpd-2.2.3-43.el5.centos.3
CentOS release 5.5 (Final)

And I've installed the current python from source in /opt/python

We're trying to run trac and svn which include some python scripts.  I'd
really like to use the python that I've installed in /opt, but it appears
that apache is using the default python /usr/bin/python.

So, I figured I'd just edit apachctl and add something like:

PATH=/opt/python/bin:$PATH
export PATH

But, that did not work.  After doing some research, it looks like maybe I
should be doing something like the SetEnv directive in httpd.conf, is that
right?

Thanks for your help,

Eddy