httpd-users mailing list archives

From Josu Lazkano <josu.lazk...@barcelonamedia.org>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: vhost names on logs
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 08:37:47 GMT
Thanks for the reply, I use to separate all logs:

        CustomLog /var/log/apache/domain1/access.log combined
        CustomLog /var/log/apache/domain2/access.log combined

But the problem is that with syslog-ng, on the remote host I have all info on the "user" log
file, so I need to separate with vhost_name pattern.

Thanks and best regards.

De: Ashwin Kesavan [mailto:ashwinke@yahoo-inc.com]
Enviado el: lunes, 11 de julio de 2011 15:23
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Asunto: [users@httpd] RE: vhost names on logs

Hi Josu,

The more easier way which any newbie can do trouble free is to have separate log files for
each of the virtual host section and name the log file based on the vhost name. That way you
can achieve what you desired. I am not sure if this solves your problem. Post more details
on what you want if this doesn't solve your problem.

Hope that helps,

--ashwin