httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Track + Trace HTTP Methods
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 22:53:34 GMT
On October 4, 2011 10:09 , Nick Tkach <ntkach@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know I've read in the past that the TRACK method is not supported by
> Apache.  Is that correct?  Anyone have a reference they could point me
> to that explains that?    I just need something to point our
> engineering group to to explain that only TraceEnable Off is needed
> (not the rewrite rule).

As far as I know, that is correct: Apache HTTP Server does not implement
the TRACK method.  I don't know of any reference that explains this, but
you can check the source code:  see the function
ap_method_registry_init() in the file modules/http/http_protocol.c   If
you are looking at the latest (unreleased) source code, then see lines
439 - 474 at

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/http/http_protocol.c?view=markup

As you can see, "TRACK" is not in the list of methods registered.

You can double-check this by searching all of the Apache HTTP Server
source code for the word "TRACK" as well as for any calls to the
function ap_method_register().  ap_method_register() is how modules such
as mod_dav add support for new methods to Apache HTTP Server.

I hope this helps.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org