httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Allowing Robots.txt
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:45:00 GMT
On October 10, 2011 13:35 , Matt <lm7812@gmail.com> wrote:
> One other thing though.  Suppose I want to exempt certain directories
> from requiring a password but still leave all remaining restrictions.
> I have this there:
>
> AuthName "Restricted Area"
> AuthType Basic
> AuthUserFile /var/www/.htpasswd
> AuthGroupFile /dev/null
> require valid-user
>
> Is there a way to exempt say /downloads/ directory?

<Directory /path/to/downloads>
     Allow from all
     Satisfy any
</Directory>

This will make a username and password optional rather than required for
the downloads directory and all files and subdirectories within it.
Assuming that you have not specified "Satisfy any" at any higher level,
all other directories at and below the scope of the "AuthType Basic"
directive will require a username and password.

Since this is the same answer as in my previous response, I suspect I am
not understanding your question correctly... can you elaborate?

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org