httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] directoryindexing or what?
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:51:08 GMT
On October 18, 2011 14:35 , Frank Gingras <francois.gingras@gmail.com>
wrote:
> You should not use AddType for this. Instead, use:
>
> <FilesMatch \.php$>
> SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
> </FilesMatch>
>
> See http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PHPDownload and
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.apache2.php

Can you elaborate on that?  I use AddType because avoiding the regular
expression match done by FilesMatch is presumably more efficient.  But
is there a problem with this?  If so, what is it?

I checked both of the web pages you link to above (including all of the
comments on the second one), but while the AddType method is not talked
about on either of them, it's not warned about, either.  The PHPDownload
page says "check the value of the Content-Type: http header.  If it's
application/x-httpd-php, you'll need to remove all erroneous references
to that value as a mime type in your config."  When I use AddType in my
configuration, the Content-Type header for a PHP page has the value
"text/html; charset=utf-8"; hence I am assuming that my use of AddType
is not an erroneous use.

Any insights you can provide would be appreciated.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org