httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Mora <sm...@eos.pr.it>
Subject [users@httpd] Browsing folders and SVN
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:48:30 GMT
I'm using apache and svn modules on windows server 2003.
We like to handle some svn repositories in the form:

Examples physical directories:
> E:/svnroot/dev/cmp1/proj1/files..
> E:/svnroot/dev/cmp1/proj2/files..
> E:/svnroot/deploy/cmp2/proj3/files..

We need to browse the folders under root, folder1 (dev, deploy, ..) until 'cmpX' as file system:
when we enter into a cmpX, we'd like to
view all the projects(repositories) and then, within a project, all the files.
 http://srv:8080/ 	- we want to see dev/, deploy/ folders
 http://srv:8080/dev 	- we want to see cmp1, cmp2, cmp3, .. folders
 http://srv:8080/dev/cmp2 	- we want to see all the projects as a list of repositories

We need Windows authentication.
This is a piece of our httpd.conf file:

 <Location /dev/cmp1>
   DAV svn
   SVNListParentPath on
 #  SVNPath e:/svnroot/dev/ cmp1/
   SVNReposName "Repository progetti sviluppo cmp1"
   SVNParentPath e:/svnroot/dev/ cmp1/

   AuthzSVNAccessFile e:/svnroot/svn-acl

 # AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Subversion repository"
 	AuthType SSPI
 	SSPIAuth On
 	SSPIAuthoritative On

   SSPIDomain cmp1
 	SSPIOmitDomain On      # keep domain name in userid string
 	SSPIOfferBasic On      # let non-IE clients authenticate
 	SSPIBasicPreferred Off
 	SSPIUsernameCase lower
 	Require valid-user
 </Location>

We will create other Location sections for comp2, comp3, .. companies.

When we point to svn folders, we see the files by the SVN system: we need to view the upper
folders.
So far, if we query the intermediate folders we have:
- error if we query the compX level by the command line, instead of the list of repositories
(no matter)
- the list of repositories if we query the compX folder by the IE (OK)
- file if we query the lower folders (SVN) (OK)
- error 404 if we query with IE the intermediate folders (problem)

Thanks