httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Slow mod_proxy response
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 15:27:35 GMT
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM, <Shirley.Ong@thomsonreuters.com> wrote:

> The server is hosted in the lab network and the INTERNAL_IPPDR is one of the IP addresses
on the server, say 172.29.31.10. There is a firewall in the lab for outside connection into
the lab and the natted IP address is, say 10.109.32.10. From office LAN, users request for
the webpages using http://server.com, which has the address 10.109.32.10. For some reason,
we see slow response when accessing the server from the office network and sometimes we get
TCP timeout. The response from within the lab however, is fast. Could anyone shed some lights?
I have hostname lookup turned off to eliminate DNS issues.

To make sure I understood:
The server is on the LAB network with the IP 172.29.31.10. It is
running a service on port 8080 and HTTPD on 80.
You use NAT to access the server also using 10.109.32.10 on port 80.
You said that when you access 172.29.31.10:80 from in the lab network,
everything is fine.
When you access 10.109.32.10:80, there are TCP problems.

This sounds like a network problem, not an Apache problem.

- Y