httpd-users mailing list archives

From Abhi Auradkar <aura...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Uncompressing incoming requests
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:40:14 GMT
Hi Nick,

  I have one more module(weblogic apache plugin) loaded. I am not sure what it does and I
don't have the source code for it.
Is there a way to tell apache that always invoke mod_deflate before it calls any other filters?

Thanks,

________________________________
From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2012 4:53 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Uncompressing incoming requests

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 08:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
Abhi Auradkar <aurabhi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> To test it futher I gzipped a local file and posted it apache using 'ab' (I had set the
content-encoding header as well')
> Even then I see the same result. It logging the same error about magic bytes not matching.
>
> Any pointers to mistakes that I am making?

Interesting.

There's a similar error message to yours in 2.4, but not in 2.2:

        /* We didn't get the magic bytes. */
        if (len != 10 ||
            deflate_hdr[0] != deflate_magic[0] ||
            deflate_hdr[1] != deflate_magic[1]) {
            ap_log_rerror(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING, 0, r, APLOGNO(01387) "Zlib: Invalid
header");

If that check is incorrect, something needs fixing.
Bug me if I don't get round to checking it myself!

Is it possible you have some other filter that's
corrupting the byte stream ahead of mod_deflate?
Or some other encoding that's not correctly handled?

--
Nick Kew