httpd-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Sordillo <f.sordi...@cineca.it>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy_ajp and mod_proxy_balancer - load balancing problem
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:34:29 GMT
Hi to all.

I'm running benchmark on my infrastructure, 2 nodes with:
- o.s. RHEL 5.7 64 bit
- Apache 2.2.3 (prefork)
- JBoss EAP 5.1.2

For each nodes there are 4 JBoss instances:
- myapp-01
- myapp-02
- myapp-03
- myapp-04
and apache ajp connections is full-meshed with jboss instances (each
apache forward requests to 8 jboss instances).

In attach there is my VH configuration.

About benchmarks: there are 400 users that performs a login, some user
actions and logout three times, more or less for 4 hours.

For the first user loop there aren't problem with the load balancing,
but after the first logout, it seems that the balancer loads (almost
exclusively) the last jboss instance with less load in the firs one. And
so on for the last time.

_There is no connection timeout on jboss_

Look at user-sessions attached:
- user-sessions-01.png using lbmethod=byrequest
- user-sessions-03.png using lbmethod=bytraffic

User sessions have to be balanced over all jboss istances.
Do you have any advice?

Thanks.
Regards.
Francesco.