httpd-users mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache taking (exactly) 30 seconds to serve static images
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:47:54 GMT
Hi,

We are using Apache proxying and also host some static content (images, under htdocs) on the
Apache, and we're finding that, intermittently (we'll have a page, and say, 2 images will
take 30 seconds), it is taking a long time to serve some images, almost exactly 30 seconds.
 The Apache is running on Redhat EL5, I think.

We normally run several instances behind a load balancer (Cisco ACE) and use SSL, but we're
seeing this even if we shutdown all Apache instances except for 1, so this doesn't seem to
be an SSL session stickiness problem.

Has anyone encountered something like this.  What timeouts might be set to 30 seconds in Apache
that might be causing this kind of behavior?

Thanks,
Jim