httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <sudip.bhattacha...@genpact.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to strip existing expires/max-age headers and add new
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:19:45 GMT
Great. Thanks. It works.

From: linuxsupport [mailto:lin.support@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:24 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] How to strip existing expires/max-age headers and add new

try adding below directives

Header unset Cache-Control
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Bhattacharya, Sudip <sudip.bhattacharya@genpact.com>
wrote:
Hi,

I am new to this group, and also new to Apache HTTPD. Need your expert inputs on the below
problem that I am facing.

We have HTTPD acting as a proxy server, which passes on the requests to a backend WebLogic
application server and gets responses from that server.

I want to overwrite the caching duration from Apache for images.

The default caching header from WebLogic is coming like this for images:
Cache-Control: max-age=3600

When I add the below line in my VirtualHost section:
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"

The resulting header becomes:
Cache-Control: max-age=3600, max-age=2592000
Expires: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:32:46 GMT

How can I remove the 3600 entry that was already in the old header, and overwrite it with
the +1month value?

I don't have control over the WebLogic application, otherwise I would have done it from the
source. I need solutions from the HTTPD settings.

Regards,
Sudip
This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read,
copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure
or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify
the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing
it to a third person.