httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts and SSL Config: Hoist Common Directives Above Server Blocks?
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 12:57:46 GMT
I'm trying to clean up my conf files after getting an all-SSL server
with several virtual hosts working.

At the moment, for each server block, I have this:

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
<VirtualHost *:443>
  SSLEngine on

  SSLCACertificateFile    /path/to/ca.pem
  SSLCertificateFile         /path/to/server.crt
  SSLCertificateKeyFile   /path/to/server.cert.key.unsecure
  SSLCertificateChainFile /path/to/class2.server.ca.pem

  ServerName  name.org
  ServerAlias *.name.org

  # more, server-specific info...
</VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

Can I hoist the common SSL cert. stuff out of the server blocks to a
higher, common block like this:

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
  SSLEngine on
  SSLCACertificateFile    /path/to/ca.pem
  SSLCertificateFile         /path/to/server.crt
  SSLCertificateKeyFile   /path/to/server.cert.key.unsecure
  SSLCertificateChainFile /path/to/class2.server.ca.pem
</IfModule>

I would try it but I don't want to interrupt my server audiences in
case it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Best regards,

-Tom