httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 403 Forbidden ...
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:45:34 GMT
Lester Caine wrote:
> I'm missing something simple I am sure ...
> Am moving from 2.2 to 2.4 and this works on 2.2!
>
> http://eveshamtc.lsces.co.uk works ...
>
> The vhost file has 301 redirects from the original .aspx links, so
> http://eveshamtc.lsces.co.uk/lifeinevesham.aspx is redirected to
> http://eveshamtc.lsces.co.uk/wiki/index.php?page=Life+in+Evesham
>
> However there is a generic mod_rewrite for the machine in mod_rewrite.conf which
> should allow http://eveshamtc.lsces.co.uk/wiki/Life+in+Evesham to work. The log
> file is showing it being remapped to /wiki/index.php?page=Life+in+Evesham
> but I'm getting a 'You don't have permission to access /wiki/Location+and+Travel
> on this server.' error.
>
> If I remove the LogLevel alert rewrite:trace3 then I'm getting a
> AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /wiki/index.php
>
> I've got
>      Options All
>      AllowOverride All
>      Require all granted
> But only the last should be required
>
> So what am I missing to make this work on httpd2.4 ?

So is NOBODY seeing this problem?
I have the site live without re-write, so is it simply a matter of throwing
httpd 2.4 into the bin and going back to 2.2? Now was the ideal opportunity to
switch, but if something as basic as this is not working then is 2.4 actually
any use at all?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL