httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alan McDuff <alan.mcd...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] multiple ProxyPassReverseCookieDomains
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 23:23:07 GMT
Hello,
I am trying to make two web applications (geoserver), running on servers 10.0.0.101:8080 and
10.0.0.102:8080 in a private subnet, accessible through www.publicdomain.com/geoserver1 and
www.publicdomain.com/geoserver2.
The problem is that the login to the web application uses cookies, and I
can't figure out how to make the login to _both_ geoservers succeed
using the proxy_http module.

Is such a setup possible in principle, and can I use several
"ProxyPassReverseCookiePath"s in the same apache configuration file, if
they point to the same local path (/geoserver) on the proxied servers?

I tried the following configuration (added towards the end of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default
in an ubuntu 12.04 server).
Only the login to http://www.publicdomain.com/geoserver2 does _not_ work - I am redirected
to the login page as if the cookie is silently lost.
Everything else is fine: I can access http://www.publicdomain.com/geoserver2 (without login),
and I can access and login to http://www.publicdomain.com/geoserver1.

(If I change the order of geoserver1 and geoserver2 in the configuration, I can login to geoserver2
instead of geoserver1. Login to the first of
the two geoservers is even possible without any
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain directive in the configuration.)

What do I have to change?

Here comes the proxy configuration part:

ProxyRequests Off
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /geoserver1 http://10.0.0.101:8080/geoserver
ProxyPassReverse /geoserver1
 http://10.0.0.101:8080/geoserver

ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /geoserver /geoserver1
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain 10.0.0.101:8080 www.publicdomain.com

ProxyPass /geoserver2 http://10.0.0.102:8080/geoserver
ProxyPassReverse /geoserver2 http://10.0.0.102:8080/geoserver

ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /geoserver /geoserver2
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain 10.0.0.102:8080 www.publicdomain.com

</VirtualHost>

Thank you very much
Alan