httpd-users mailing list archives

From Edward Quick <edwardqu...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Very confused about Re-negotiation request failed (and SSLInsecureRenegotiation)
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 08:33:13 GMT
Hi Denis,I've been through exactly the same situation. There isn't anything you can do from
the apache side to fix this apart from enabling insecure renegotiation, but you shouldn't.
The customers have to fix their end by possibly upgrading to a later browser in the case of
FF/Chrome.
Assuming your customers are on Windows, and using IE8 or below, then apply http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980436.
Windows SP3 is a prerequisite.
Hope this helps,Ed.

Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 20:09:50 +0100
From: dbucherml@hsolutions.ch
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Very confused about Re-negotiation request failed (and SSLInsecureRenegotiation)

    Dear all,

    Many users (but not all) are complaining that they can't access our
    SSL webserver.

    After some research I found two kind of error in apache logs :

    a) Re-negotiation request failed / SSL Library Error: 336068931
    error:14080143:SSL routines:SSL3_ACCEPT:unsafe legacy renegotiation
    disabled

    b) Re-negotiation handshake failed: Not accepted by client!?

    At first I really don't understand at all why this could happen ?

    And secondly, I found some advices to add the "SSLInsecureRenegotiation
      on" option. Is it a solution, and is it only for very old browsers
      or can it be required for still in use browsers ?

      Thanks in advance for some help or any hint :-)

      Best regards,

    Denis