httpd-users mailing list archives

From wejii <we...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] locating cgi-bin
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 16:57:13 GMT
I had no luck with ScriptAlias.
I set a UserDir public_html
I used ExecCGI and AddHandler similar to you -

That was the only way I found to run CGI scripts in Firefox.

The Apache documentation does not help so much with Ubuntu.
This page helped:
https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/httpd.html

I still found that some things did not work as advertised.
I guess it depends on your installation config.

Also, I had to load some modules cgi.load and perl.load and some I'm not
sure were necessary.
(ssl, php5, auth_mysql, userdir)