httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Strange Apache logs - very slow loading time
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 00:52:14 GMT

referer: http://www.hurricaneo.com/?paged=2
> [Sat Apr 13 00:43:57 2013] [error] [client 142.4.118.22] File does not exist: /var/www/shops/88/store/ttj,
referer: http://www.assumegame.com/play-39-Ace-Driver-game.html

So what is happening now is that people are still connecting and
trying to use it as a proxy - port 80 is still open after all. But now
apache is refusing to proxy them, and instead is looking them up in
your document root, and so all these ne'er-do-wells are getting 404s
instead of the content they are requesting.

Give it a few hours(, days, weeks) - it should die down. The problem
is that often lists are made of open proxies, so even if you are no
longer acting as an open proxy, you may still be listed.

Cheers

Tom

(Remember to keep and archive these logs, just in case!)