httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Smith, Mitchell" <mitchell.sm...@cwc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Issues Implementing ldap authentication.
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 13:52:46 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to implement ldap authentication into my configuration for svn
running under apache2.2 (httpd2.2.24) running on Linux.

I have the following configuration, but it appears that it always fails to
call the ldap server.

        <IfModule dav_svn_module>
                <Location />
                        DAV svn
                        SVNParentPath /opt/subversion/repos
                        SVNListParentPath On
                        AuthzSVNAccessFile /opt/subversion/svnaccess
                        AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
                        AuthBasicProvider ldap
                        AuthType Digest
                        AuthName "DOMAIN.COM"
                        AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=TestSVN,OU=Users -
Users,OU=Accounts,DC=CWIHQ,DC=CWIGINTRA,DC=COM"
                        AuthLDAPBindPassword "Password"
                        AuthLDAPURL "ldap://
LDAP.DOMAIN.COM:389/DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)"
                        Require valid-user
                        # AuthUserFile
/usr/subversion/apache2/conf.d/svnAuthBlank
                </Location>
        </IfModule>

It appears that ldap is never called, and the authentication attempts to
fall back to the AuthUserFile, which I do not want.

I have checked multiple tutorials online and cannot see where I am going
wrong. If I un-comment the AuthUserFile it fails to authenticate as the
user does not exist in the file.

Can anyone assist with this.

Thanks

--
*Mitchell Smith
*

The information contained in this email (and any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient
and have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email
and delete the message and any attachments.
If you are not the named addressee, you must not copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use
the information contained in this email.
Cable & Wireless Communications Plc and its affiliates reserve the right to monitor all
email communications through their networks to
ensure regulatory compliance.

Cable & Wireless Communications Plc is a company registered in England & Wales with
number:
07130199 and offices located at 3rd Floor, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ