httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nikolaus Rath <Nikol...@rath.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Using CONNECT with SSL Proxy
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 15:23:13 GMT
Hello,

I would like to establish a TLS connection to my apache proxy and then
use the CONNECT method. I have configured a virtual host with
"ProxyRequests On" and "SSLProxyEngine On".

Accessing the proxy over TLS works fine, but as soon as I issue the
CONNECT command, the TLS connection breaks down. If I disable the
mod_proxy_connect module, I'm getting a proper error message instead.

Is it possible that the mod_proxy_connect module bypasses the TLS
layer and tries to forward data directly to the client? That's pretty
much the only explanation I can come up with.

Is there any way to get this to work?

I'm using Apache 2.2.

Thanks,
Nikolaus