httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mauricio Tavares <raubvo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is it alive?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 22:27:55 GMT
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Smith, Burton
<Burton.Smith@williams.com> wrote:
> I'm told "there are no firewall issues", but firewall does make the most sense.

      Have you tried to connect to it from localhost?

> I'll have to look up the apachectrl.  I don't think it is working correctly it says:
>  * [root@dxnpb2 extra]# /usr/sbin/apachectl status
>  * ELinks: SSL error
>  * [root@dxnpb2 extra]# /usr/sbin/apachectl fullstatus
>  * ELinks: SSL error

       That does not look like firewall issue to me. maybe missing certs?

> Nothing useful in the logs.  That is another known concern.

      You probably could go to your virtual host config and tell
apache to blab nonstop.

> Tcpdump is only showing the ICMP rejects.

      Does netstat show it listening to the ports you configured?

> This new configuration is identical to two other machines I am running, but it has several
quirks.

> ---
> Thanks,
> Burton L. Smith
> w:801-584-6164

and info about current connections.

> The logs will tell you about attempted/successful/failed connections (for requests that
reach the server.)

> If there's no log info then that means no connections were attempted and as was suggested
a firewall (router or software) may have blocked it.

> It's even possible to configure the server such that it's running but told to not respond
to any requests.

> ping www.domain should produce a response, again though as long as nothing blocks it
and the server is not configured to ignore them.