httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4 | "require" and AuthMerging
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:18:48 GMT
Location has higher precedence than Directory.  It's merged after, not before.

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 6:05 AM, King Holger (CI/AFP2)
<Holger.King@de.bosch.com> wrote:
> Dear Apache community,
>
> we just wonder why when using the following configuration:
>
> # allow using the "/" directory of this virtual host by all
> <Location />
>     Require all granted
> </Location>
>
> Alias /fslogs /opt/wcms/fs4/log
> <Directory /opt/wcms/fs4/log>
>     IndexIgnore .. fs4.pid fs-wrapper.log fs-gc.log
>     IndexOptions +FancyIndexing
>     Options +Indexes
>
>     AuthType Basic
>     AuthName "Restricted access"
>     AuthBasicProvider file
>     AuthUserFile /tmp/passwd
>     Require valid-user
> </Directory>
>
> the default handling of overwriting access directives in sub contexts does not work properly
(AuthMerging off). Might it be due to the two directives "Location" and "Directory"? We expected
that for "/opt/wcms/fs4/log" just authenticated and valid users should have access. So, access
should be limited. Instead we see that everybody can browse the directory.

> Kind regards,
> Holger King

Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com