httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Daviel <ad...@triumf.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache not recording client addresses correctly
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 22:50:59 GMT

I'm  investigating a problem on an older server, and something strange is
going on. Instead of the correct client address being logged in
/var/httpd/*log, an apparently random address is logged instead.
E.g. 98.144.147.0, 98.208.248.0, 98.144.141.0

Every client is logged as the same address. If I restart httpd, this
address changes.

This is httpd-2.0.63 with php-4.3.9 running on CentOS 4.6.
The RPMs for httpd and PHP verify OK, with the exception of
httpd.conf and php.ini - i.e., the httpd server and libraries (and also
all the dynamic libraries httpd is linked with) appear to be intact.

It looks like this has been going on for some considerable time (more than
a year).

The address of open connections is returned correctly with netstat

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada