httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Charron <TChar...@thinkADNET.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] New to apache
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 16:25:51 GMT
Thanks for that feed back, the OS is Windows 2003 R2 SP1

From: John Hudak [mailto:jjhudak@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:16 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] New to apache

I am a little surprised that they didn't recommend updating to 2.2.25 (the latest in the 2.2.x
branch) or move up to 2.4.x branch.  In any case.....
What OS are you using?
I don't have the changes/issues from 2.2.9  through 2.2.15 in my head....If you read the release
notes for those versions, they should outline what changed and what may need to be changed
on your system.
My experience is that doing just about any Apache upgrade usually breaks something.  They
way I do it is to read the release notes and make sure I understand the potential side effects
of the update and  then look into solutions to those potential problems so that if I do have
a side effect, I have some chance of resolving it.  I am not doing the upgrades on a production
system so I don't have the speed urgency.
If it is a production system, can you clone it, try the upgrade, see if it works, and then
switch over to the upgraded system??

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Tim Charron <TCharron@thinkadnet.com<mailto:TCharron@thinkadnet.com>>