httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Favor <da...@davidfavor.com>
Subject [users@httpd] WordPress Rewrite Guru Requested
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 15:08:49 GMT
I have an ugly WordPress rewrite problem I'm trying to solve.

Performance for pages/posts + trailing slash == Awesome!

     net1# ab -k -t 10 -n 10000000 -c 5 http://FastSEOHosting.com/hello-world/ | grep Requests
     Finished 38323 requests

Performance for pages/posts without trailing slash == Granny on a walker slow...

     net1# ab -k -t 10 -n 10000000 -c 5 http://FastSEOHosting.com/hello-world | grep Requests
     Finished 1282 requests

The problem is determining when to append /index.php + when not to append it...

Best fix I can come up with is...

1) List all directories which should append index.php, like top level host/domain.

2) For bare directories - no trailing file.ext - add trailing slash if required.

Maybe this is to simple a fix.

Likely someone has already solved this in a much better.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks!