httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gil Dawson <...@GilDawson.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Version Number on a Mac?
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2014 20:54:02 GMT
Hi--

I'm rather new at Unix and apache.  I'm trying to set up two vhosts so that two DNS names
can have two websites sharing one IP address.

I made copies the http.conf and httpd-vhosts.conf files in a new folder before modifying them,
then wanted to restart Apache to try out my modifications.

I used a directive I found in the V2.2 documentation.  It didn't seem to work:

h-66-134-xxx:~ gil$ apachectl -k graceful
httpd not running, trying to start
(13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
(13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs
h-66-134-xxx:~ gil$ apachectl configtest
Syntax OK

APache is still running fine and serving pages under the old pattern.  I suppose I could restart
my computer, but I'd prefer to know what's wrong with this directive.

Any ideas?

--Gil