httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Slow performance in Apache
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:49:12 GMT
On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 6:00 AM, <pratibha.dhankhar@wipro.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>

> Need urgent help from all you experts. We have a tomcat and apache server
> on same physical box .Earlier it was working fine however last week
> application is integrated with IDAM, since then whenever user is accessing
> the link through IDAM application is responding either very slow or not at
> all, Once apache is restarted ,again it start working and after 3-4 hours
> again same issue occurs. Please suggest.
>
> Have done some tuning at apache end as well like
>

> Timeout 120
>
> KeepAlive Off
>
> MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
>
> KeepAliveTimeout 15
>

> Still not working.

See if there is a buildup over time of connections between httpd and
Tomcat.  netstat and mod_status with ExtendedStatus On would make this
relatively easy.  (mod_status won't show explicitly that the request is
handled by Tomcat, but you can check requests stuck in W state to see if
the URL is handled by Tomcat.)

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/