httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bremser, Kurt (AMOS Austria GmbH)" <Kurt.Brem...@allianz.at>
Subject [users@httpd] "corrupted content" error, httpd can't access SSL key file [wd-vc]
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 12:12:55 GMT
The first thing that I'd try is
sudo chmod go+r /etc/ssl/private/owncloud.key

Kurt Bremser
AMOS Austria

Newton was wrong. There is no gravity. The Earth sucks.
Von: Benjamin Oppermann [ben.opp@eml.cc]
Gesendet: Montag, 29. September 2014 13:31
An: users@httpd.apache.org
Betreff: **SPAM?** [users@httpd] "corrupted content" error, httpd can't access SSL key file
[wd-vc]

Hi,
I can't reach my website, I get a "corrupted content" error message in
the browser.
Looking into apache (version 2.4.7 on Ubuntu 14.04), I get

~$ apachectl -S
    AH00526: Syntax error on line 22 of
    /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:
    SSLCertificateKeyFile: file '/etc/ssl/private/owncloud.key' does not
    exist or is empty
    Action '-S' failed.

However, I double checked that the file is in the appropriate location
and does contain the key, so maybe apache has no permission. afaik, it
doesn't run as root all the time - or only for a short time?
permissions for the key file are as follows:

~$ sudo ls -l /etc/ssl/private/owncloud.key
    -rw------- 1 root ben 1704 Sep 28 04:01
    /etc/ssl/private/owncloud.key

, where ben is my normal user.
It was suggested to me on the httpd IRC channel that maybe apparmor was
doing something wrong, but I don't know how to investigate that.
I did have a working configuration and made no changes to it before this
happened. The only change I made was to put a router between the second
gateway and the server and resolved the domain name to its local IP
inside the network (the page isn't reachable from inside either).
Just so you know, this is the first time I am setting up a server, and I
am all self-taught.
Reading suggestions for a good start are appreciated, but of course a
how-to or specific section of a manual would be more helpful than a
generic exhortation to rtfm :-)
Any hints?
Thanks, Ben

AMOS Austria GmbH
1130 Wien, Hietzinger Kai 101-105
FN 365014k, Handelsgericht Wien
UID: ATU 66614737

http://www.allianz.at

Dieses E-Mail und allfaellig daran angeschlossene Anhaenge
enthalten Informationen, die vertraulich und
ausschliesslich fuer den (die) bezeichneten Adressaten
bestimmt sind.
Wenn Sie nicht der genannte Adressat sind, darf dieses
E-Mail samt allfaelliger Anhaenge von Ihnen weder anderen
Personen zugaenglich gemacht noch in anderer Weise
verwertet werden.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, bitten
wir Sie, dieses E-Mail und saemtliche angeschlossene
Anhaenge zu loeschen.

Please note: This email and any files transmitted with it is
intended only for the named recipients and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose
the contents of this communication to others and notify the
sender immediately. Then please delete the email and any
copies of it. Thank you.