httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Houston <...@openstrike.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Perl Logging
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 11:45:23 GMT
Hello Colin,

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:54:22AM +0000, Colin Campbell wrote:
> I have upgraded to Apache 2.2.22 on a Debian 7 VM. I have just installed it using apt-get
and not made any config changes except to add my VirtualHost

[...]
> The behavior I was used to was that any Perl errors or warns appeared in the error log
specified in the virtual host. The behavior I'm now getting is that the Perl errors go to
the common Apache log in /var/log/apache2 directory and the virtual host log just contains
"Premature end of script headers".

The behaviour you are describing is the standard behaviour with
mod_cgid. My guess is that when you performed the upgrade you moved from
a prefork MPM to a threaded MPM and therefore by default from mod_cgi
to mod_cgid.

There is not, to my knowledge, any simple way of over-riding this logging
behaviour within mod_cgid. However, the benefits of a threaded MPM
often outweigh this drawback. If you decide that you would prefer to
return to a prefork MPM you should check with your distro as to the
recommended way to achieve that. I do not use Debian 7 so cannot advise
on that score.

Good luck,

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107