httpd-users mailing list archives

From Todd Simons <tsimons....@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Any Comparisons? -- mod_wl vs mod_proxy vs mod_jk
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 01:22:29 GMT
Hello All
We've been using the generic mod_proxy for years.   We utilize Apache to
layer in HTTPS from the world into our DMZ, then utilize
proxypass/proxypassreverse to our internal servers.  Our internal servers
vary between iis, weblogic, tomcat, and a few others.

mod_proxy has been working great for us.

Recently I've been asked why not mod_wl and mod_jk.   I really have no
answer and I haven't been able to find much online with regards to
advantages of one vs another.

Has anyone seen, or have, any links that can help outline the difference?

Thanks,
~Todd