httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Redirect HTTP to HTTPS
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 17:13:49 GMT
>> Apache 2.4.10 on SLES 12. I am trying to redirect a subdomain address from http to
https. So when a user forgets to use https they will still land on the correct page. I tried
using:

>> RewriteEngine On
>> RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
>> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(sub1|sub2|sub3)\. [NC]
>> RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [R,L]
>>
>> this does not redirect to https. Instead you land at the http site. What in those
statements are not correct? I have tried using just 1 subdomain with the same results

> I have never had a problem with this one:
>
> RewriteEngine   On
> RewriteOptions  Inherit
> RewriteCond     %{HTTPS} !=on
> RewriteRule     (.*)    https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [Last,Redirect=301]

I took the redirect match statement out of the vhost file (example.com) and made a separate
vhost (sub.example.com) and now everything is working.