httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Webb" <rw...@ropeguru.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Base rewrite condition on external web page
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 14:16:09 GMT
I am setting up a maintenance web page but I need to control two proxies
from one location. I am looking for a way to have my proxy server poll a web
page on a different web server and allow a rewrite based on the the http
status code.

Example, on one of the two servers, I use a variable set toggle maintenance
on or off. That covers the first proxy server. I would like to have the
second proxy server to be able to poll a specific URI on the first server
that when in maintenance mode, the first server responds with a specific
http status code. Then based on that status code, the second server will
redirect to a maintenance.html page.

I am just not sure how to call the external page and set a variable for the
rewrite condition in the second server.

Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Robert