httpd-users mailing list archives

From Good Guy <xfs...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Apache Upgrade on Red Hat question
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:44:49 GMT
On 10/08/2015 15:35, Harold Sebastin wrote:
> Hi,
> I have Apache 2.2.3 on RHEL 5.8. What procedures or steps I need to
> take to upgrade to the latest version 2.4.16?
> Thanks.
> Harold

I recently upgraded version 2.2.29 to 2.4.16 on Windows and the
procedure was pretty simple.  In my case htdocs was completely separate
from the core so the upgrade was just as normal as you would install a
fresh server.

In my case, I first made the list of which modules are to be loaded; I
also made a print out of the old config file just in case I get the
folders wrong.  After this you can go ahead and the configuration you
may need to do are as follows:

ServerName & port number
ServerAdmin
Config for server side includes
DirectoryIndex
Config for php and perl  - for php to decide whether to run as fastCGI
or as a module
LoadModules
DocumentRoot

That is all I had to do;  The php was upgraded before apache was so the
security features were already in place.

I guess in Linux environment it must be different but you get the idea.
Be organized and document everything first before starting anything.

Good luck.