httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Long <DL...@Lynden.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] how to compile apache httpd 2.4.17
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 20:46:03 GMT
Hi William,
Should I download apr-util first and compile it?
I have not download apr-util and compile it on the system yet.

Thanks for your help.

David Long

From: William A Rowe Jr [mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 11:36 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] how to compile apache httpd 2.4.17

On Nov 16, 2015 17:21, "David Long" <DLONG@lynden.com<mailto:DLONG@lynden.com>>
wrote:

> I download Apache httpd 2.4.17 and want compile on Solaris 10 Sparc.
>
> It ask me to install APR.
>
> So I download APR 1.5.2 and try to configure it and following error.
>

> root@kiana# cd /www/apachesrc/apr-1.5.2
>
> root@kiana# ./configure --prefix=/www/apachesrc/httpd-2.4.17/srclib/apr/configure

Yuck...

You are best off choosing the same --prefix for apr and apr-util as you intend to use for
httpd itself.  Then tell apr-util and httpd the --with-apr=path so they install to the same
place, e.g. /use/local or /opt/httpd as you like.

> checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
>
> checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
>
> checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
>
> Configuring APR library
>
> Platform: sparc-sun-solaris2.10
>
> checking for working mkdir -p... yes
>
> APR Version: 1.5.2
>
> […]
>
> config.status: creating include/arch/unix/apr_private.h
>
> config.status: executing libtool commands
>
> libtoolT: No such file or directory
>
> config.status: executing default commands
>
> config.status: include/apr.h is unchanged
>
> config.status: include/arch/unix/apr_private.h is unchanged
>

> I do have libtool package installed but don't know what libtoolT means.

This is new to me.  We bundle libtoolize with apr, you didn't need a system libtoolize.  However,
maybe libtoolize fails to configure because it can't work out your gcc/cc/ld?