httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPass + Redirect
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 22:59:28 GMT
Bill,

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Christopher Schultz
> <chris@christopherschultz.net <mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net>> wrote:
>

>        RedirectMatch ^/foo(/)?$ /foo/someplace_specific.html
>        RedirectMatch ^/foo/index.html$ /foo/someplace_specific.html
>        ProxyPass /foo/index.html !
>        ProxyPass /foo/ http://localhost:8009/foo/
>        ProxyPassReverse /foo/ http://localhost:8009/foo/
>
>     Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working for me: a request for
>     /foo/index.html gives me a 404 error *and a JSESSIONID from Tomcat*, so
>     I'm fairly certain that the request is being proxied.
>

> I thought this was order-sensitive, try reversing the two ProxyPass
> statements.

I actually had the "ProxyPass !" last, and when it didn't work as I
expected, then I re-read the docs which say that ProxyPass has
first-match-wins semantics. So no joy there. :(

Also, this is never going to work:

  ProxyPass /foo/ !
  ProxyPass /foo/ http://localhost:8009/foo/

So I need a plan for the exact string "/foo/" without shooting-out the
knees of the rest of the proxy configuration.

Any ideas?

-chris