httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ErrorDocument not read with fcgid
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 13:12:16 GMT
Hi Xavier,

mod_proxy shows a similar behaviour for HTTP error status codes (corrected
by https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyerroroverride
).

I believe that when the 403 is generated by fcgi and not by Apache itself
then the ErrorDocument is not used to avoid interfering with the response
payload. In the mod-proxy case for example you might want to let the
backend to return an ad hoc response rather than using Apache's
ErrorDocuments, so the "standard" configuration try not to be too invasive
(unless explicitly told otherwise by proxyerroroverride). I didn't find any
mod_fcgid directive that can help, but you could resolve the issue in two
ways:

1) instructing the fcgi application to return the redirect that you want in
case of 403/404
2) using https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_fcgi.html and
proxyerroroverride

I might be really wrong so if anybody has a better explanation please
correct me :)
It would be also great to update the documentation of mod_fcgid to include
a solution to this problem! (/me is going to do it right after the correct
answer is given).

Luca