httpd-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Graute <oliver.gra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Howto accept only one connection
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:57:49 GMT
On 19/02/16, Oliver Graute wrote:
> On 19/02/16, Aurélien Terrestris wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm not sure we can accept only one connection at a given time.
> > I tested with the "prefork MPM", and I only achieve 1 concurrent request
> > being processed at a given time and all others requests are buffered
> > (ListenBackLog doesn't seem to work on my server). Once the 1st request has
> > been processed, the other ones are processed one after the other.
> >
> > If running on a Linux, maybe should you configure the iptables to limit
> > connections to 1 for the httpd port. Behind a F5 loadbalancer, there is the
> > Connection Limit parameter on the virtual server which can be set.
> >

> > my httpd conf :
> >
> >  ./configure .....  --with-mpm=prefork
> >
> > <IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
> >     StartServers             1
> >     MinSpareServers          1
> >     MaxSpareServers          0
> >     MaxRequestWorkers        1
> >     MaxConnectionsPerChild   0
> >     ListenBacklog            1
> >     ServerLimit              1
> > </IfModule>
>
> thx for this proposal, i will try it this way...

I tried it this way and it seems to work. If I connect with a second
client, the second request is buffered. In the Log I see this message, but this
is expected.

[mpm_prefork:error] [pid 413] AH00161: server reached MaxRequestWorkers setting, consider
raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting

Best Regards,

Oliver