httpd-users mailing list archives

From Russell Bell <russellb...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] a rash of 'mod_fcgid: can't apply process slot' errors that mysteriously started then stopped
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 19:51:05 GMT
httpd restarted then reported 2457 instances of:

	mod_fcgid: can't apply process slot

in 8 hours, then stopped reporting them.  Before the restart it had
been up 87 days without reporting this error.  The configuration files
did not change before the restart nor after.
Another weird thing happened that may matter (or not).  The system
re-booted (don't know why) before this restart and began by thinking
the time was 0020 Feb 20 then, after a few minutes, decided that the
time was 1626 Feb 19 (I believe that this is the correct time).
apachectl at this time reported that the current time was *before* the
restart time, that apache had been up for 136 years.  I hypothesize
that the system took the time from the hardware clock, that the
hardware clock hadn't been reset over the previous 87 and drifted 8
hours ahead - or was set to CUT and the system didn't know this, took
it as local time.  Could this have caused the mod_fcgid error?