httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Reko Turja" <reko.tu...@liukuma.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_wstunnel with Unix domain sockets
Date Sun, 22 May 2016 13:49:06 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Fladischer
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2016 10:43 PM

> What I tried so far in my configuration:

> ProxyPass "/ws" "unix:/tmp/app.sock|ws://example.com/ws"

> Does anyone have an idea what needs to be changed to make this work?

The "incantation I needed for getting one IP socket application with
some http payload to run proxied was:

ProxyPass "/app" "http://localhost:port
ProxyPassReverse "/app" "http://localhost:port"
ProxyPass "/appws" "ws://localhost:port"
ProxyPass "/appws" "wss://localhost:port"
ProxyPassReverse "/appws" "ws://localhost:port"
ProxyPassReverse "/appws" "wss://localhost:port"

+ <Directory> definitions for both /app and /appws

The app in question was IP-socket based, but I think the basic idea is
the same, both reverse and forward proxying has to be configured as
well as secured channel if needed.

-Reko