httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "DSO load failed" when using mod_authn_dbm for Berkeley DB
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 08:04:46 GMT

> Sorry Luca, I misspelled your name in my last email. :-(

No problem at all :)

> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 9:55 PM, Tianyin Xu <tixu@cs.ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Loca!
>>
>> Yes, I did set AuthDBMUserFile (the whole point for this module is to use
>> a DBM file to do the authn control, isn't it?)

Thanks for the new info!

>> I generate the file called dbm-auth-file using dbmmanger
>> $ file dbm-auth-file
>> dbm-auth-file: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 9, native byte-order)
>>
>> and then I loaded the module and configured it in a <Directory> as
>> follows,
>>     AuthType Basic
>>     AuthName Documents
>>     AuthBasicProvider dbm
>>     AuthDBMType DB
>>     AuthDBMUserFile "/home/tixu/httpd-2.4.20-bin/dbm-auth-file"
>>

>> and then I got the "DSO load failed" message:
>> [Thu May 05 18:12:29.915467 2016] [authn_dbm:error] [pid 9107:tid
>> 140031532377856] (20019)DSO load failed: [client 127.0.0.1:54442]
>> AH01754: could not open dbm (type DB) auth file:
>> /home/tixu/httpd-2.4.20-bin/dbm-auth-file
>>
>> I changed the AuthBasicProvider to be "default" and used "htdbm" to
>> create the DBM files (in which can it generates a .dir and .pag file). And
>> the module goes correctly.
>>
>> Thus, I'm sure there it the problem of the "AuthDBMType". But I'm not
>> sure if this is a bug in the implementation of mod_authn_dbm or a problem
>> of some native libs in my system or some incompatibility caused by the
>> dbmmanger?

mod_authn_dbm calls APR to open the DBM file, definitely supporting
Berkeley DB but with the note "not all may be available at run time":

https://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/2.0/group___a_p_r___util___d_b_m.html#gaf7295ba8157f487b78319e168e1344b4

>From what I can see, the error comes all the way from the
function dbm_open_type or  in APR (apr_dbm.c).

It might be a problem of the httpd/apr version that you are using and/or
related configure flags needed. Could you please give us more details?
After this issue is resolved I'll update the documentation with more
details!

Luca