httpd-users mailing list archives

From rich.gre...@hushmail.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] LetsEncrypt.org with Virtual Hosting
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 08:58:21 GMT

On 6/14/2016 at 9:42 PM, "Mathijs Schmittmann" <info@mathijs.info> wrote:

>Hi Filipe,
>>
>> > Notice that SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile are
>the
>> > same for both of the domains, because they use the same key of
>> > example.com <http://example.com>.  The website, example.com
>> > <http://example.com> works perfectly fine.  But example.info
>> > <http://example.info> has serious problems (On the order of
>> > NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID).  Who has an idea on how to
>fix
>> > this?  I can't experiment too much because I'm limited to 5
>keys
>> > per week so learning this myself is a very slow-track process.
>You might find this interesting:
>https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/testing-against-the-lets-
>encrypt-staging-environment/6763
>
>Letsencrypt provides a staging environment with much more lenient
>ratelimiting, but of course not signed with the official
>intermediate
>certificate.

I know it exists in theory, but have no clue on how to implement that.  Doing this on my own
machine is hard enough, then I have to undo the changes from the staging environment or have
my present setup hosed, or insecure without my knowledge.  I don't have the time to reinstall
linux because of a botched config file somewhere.  Encryption/security protocols are an obfuscated
can of worms that can get ugly very quickly.