httpd-users mailing list archives

From sad man <asadxf...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache redirection using http response headers
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2016 15:50:30 GMT
I want to force the user browser to use https URL when accessing my server
(even if the user enters http URL). I have done redirections using
"redirect" & "rewrite" but would also like to use this method.

I load the headers module and add the following to
my /etc/apache/sites-enabled/example.conf

Header set Location https://www.example.com/
Header set X-Forwarded-Proto: https
Header set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=180; includeSubdomains"

Although the server receives a the headers I set there is no redirection
(default apache page is shown). Is there anything else I need to do so that
the browser receives a http response from my server and automatically
changes the http request to https?

--
Cheers,

Asad