httpd-users mailing list archives

From Wim Lewis <w...@omnigroup.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache mod_dav alternatives?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 21:22:09 GMT

On May 21, 2016, at 2:08 PM, Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv@arcor.de> wrote:
> I am using Apache as a web and proxy server, but I am unhappy with
> Apache as a WebDAV file server.
>
> I am missing a good file permission or ACL configuration in Apache mod_dav.

It's relatively easy to write a custom authz provider for your local needs. You can use existing
authn module(s) to determine who's making the request, and the authz module just contains
whatever allow/deny logic is specific to your site.

You might also be able to do something with the (new in 2.4.x) expression syntax, depending
on what logic you need:
     https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/expr.html <https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/expr.html>

A third approach is to use mod_fcgi's ability to delegate just the authnz decision to an fcgi
daemon, but once authorized to process the request with apache. I haven't tried that.