httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Rumph <mike.ru...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache response time slow
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 16:51:00 GMT
On 6/2/2016 9:37 AM, Oscar Ithier wrote:
> I am using Apache 2.2.22(Unix), Server port 80, Protocol HTTP/1.0 and
> Sybase as database.
> The Http response time is above 40 seconds, this is to slow for my users.
>
> I don't know when the problem start, but it was fine for the last 5
> years.
>
> What can I do to fix the problem.
Hello Oscar,

You can begin by providing more details.
What was the typical response time for the last 5 years?
How is the server configured?
    - Configuration file contents would be helpful here.
    - What MPM is being used?
     - Is Apache httpd being used as a proxy to a Sybase server?
What do you see in the access log?
     - This may help to determine if the delay is in Apache httpd or in
the Sybase server?
Has something changed in the Sybase database or in how it is accessed?

Thanks,

Mike