httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Rumph <mike.ru...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Issues migrating Weblogic proxies from Sun One 6.1 to Apache 2.4
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 00:32:13 GMT
Hello Joe,

First of all, beginning with version 12.2.1, OHS is based on Apache
httpd 2.4.x.
But the Apache httpd form of the WLS plug-in should also be working for you.

I can try to help you in working with the Oracle support people.
Could you send directly to my email (to keep your information private)
the name of the person in Oracle support that you are working with and
the SR number they have assigned to you?
I will see if I can check on the status for you.

In the meantime, perhaps Rainer or someone else on this mailing list
will have further ideas from the Apache httpd point of view.

Thanks,

Mike

On 6/30/2016 3:49 PM, Joe Muller wrote:
>    One interesting thing we did find on a packet capture on the back end between the
proxy server and the application server is that 3 seconds after the proxy server apparently
closed the port, the Weblogic application server tried to send data.  It almost like Weblogic
did not realize the port was closed.  Very odd.

> At this point I may try implementing OHS and see if we have the same results.  However
it is based on Apache 2.2, and I was hoping to take advantage of the improved performance
offered by Apache 2.4.  Also reading through the documentation it looks like a PITA to install
(we have to install X to the run "Oracle Universal Installer" ?  Seriously ?)  Maybe Oracle
support will take us more seriously and give us better support if we are using all their products.

> -Joe

Balancer and the Firewall as a possible cause.  Our last test was directly between the IE
client browser and the Apache 2.4 proxy server, resulting in the same errors in the Apache
logs similar to this:

>>    We also tested using different browsers (IE, Fire Fox, Chrome, and had mixed results,
but eventually we saw the same errors from the Weblogic 12c plug-in the Apache logs at some
point.

>>   So at this point it is down to the Apache proxy and/or the Oracle
>> Weblogic 12c Plug-in for Apache.  Anybody have any ideas ?  I am out
>> of them right now :-(
>>
>> Perhaps it has something to do with  the Apache 2.4 compilation options ?  If I had
known  before that going with Apache 2.4 instead of IPlanet would have been this difficult
we would have just purchased Oracle HTTP Server.  At least we would have full Oracle support
through and through, although that may not be saying much, since it is based on Apache 2.2.
    Also I am worried about Oracle compatibility with 3rd party plug-ins like RSA Access Manager
(SSO) and Tea Leaf.

>> To be honest I am surprised Oracle doesn't give more guidance on this.   I would
think we wouldn't be the first people to encounter this, but based on the lack of information
in their knowledge base and the response from their technical support it seems otherwise.
> I'd sniff the network in front of Apache and when the problem happens filter the raw
sniff packet dump file using the connection information from the error log line ("[client
10.165.254.1:28171]"). Then use the time stamp of the error message and look at the sniff
of the single connection what happens before the error is logged.

> In case you are using https and you can switch on a reproduction system to http this
might help understanding the packet dump, but in general this approach could also be used
for https.