httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Muller <jmul...@ARCcorp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Issues migrating Weblogic proxies from Sun One 6.1 to Apache 2.4
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 10:06:36 GMT

As far as we can see from fiddler and the Apache logs the request is fully sent.   I assume
those parameters you mentioned are for mod_proxy ?  We are not using mod_proxy for this, we
are using the Weblogic plug-in for Apache 2.4.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yann Ylavic [mailto:ylavic.dev@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 3:42 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Issues migrating Weblogic proxies from Sun One 6.1 to Apache 2.4

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 12:49 AM, Joe Muller <jmuller@arccorp.com> wrote:

>   One interesting thing we did find on a packet capture on the back end between the proxy
server and the application server is that 3 seconds after the proxy server apparently closed
the port, the Weblogic application server tried to send data.  It almost like Weblogic did
not realize the port was closed.  Very odd.

Is the HTTP request fully sent (proxy) and responded (backend) when this happens? (I try to
understand why a backend/application would send data on its own).

Otherwise, on a general rule, did you take care that the TTL of proxy connection (to the backend)
is lower than the KeepAliveTimeout configured on the backend?
This can be done by using the ProxyPass/BalancerMember parameter ttl=...
But before that, does disabling keepalive on the proxy help already?
(ProxyPass' disablereuse=on or SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive)

Regards,
Yann.