httpd-users mailing list archives

From Spork Schivago <sporkschiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Strange access.log entry...
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 21:32:33 GMT
I contacted one of the people involved with CESR and I have received a
response.   This is what they say:

"Yes, this is a scan from our group.  It is not in fact looking for
a vulnerability, but for a very specific infection.  The scan is
harmless, but there is a very rare and stealthy piece of malware for
which this scan will elicit a response (indicating that the server is
compromised and is awaiting instructions).  The scan is part of a
survey looking at how this particular threat actor has been targeting
different organizations.  If the scan is causing a problem for
someone, please have them contact me and I can ask that their site be
removed from the scan."

I am waiting to hear back from him to see if there's away to tell if you're
actually vulnerable to this malware or not.  The good news is your site
isn't under attack or anything.  Once I hear back from him, I'll let you
know what he says.

Thanks!