httpd-users mailing list archives

From Spork Schivago <sporkschiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Strange access.log entry...
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2016 00:35:59 GMT
I'll be sure to keep you in the loop Red-Tail Books.   If I were to take a
guess, I'd guess that hex value is the key to fully understanding this.
Wish I knew more about exploits and stuff.   I remember similar things like
that when I was kid and used to play around with stuff like Metasploit.   A
lot of the exploits had similar payloads I think they were called.  That
peaked my interest a bit.

I too am fairly new to operating a server and I know when I see weird stuff
like that, I get worried.   Thankfully, I've been fortunate enough to have
complete strangers explain stuff to me and put my mind at rest.   It's just
nice to try and return the favour sometime, you know?

Best of luck!

Ken