httpd-users mailing list archives

From elliott sterling <elliottlsterl...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 404 rewrite error using special character \
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 02:16:20 GMT
Hello,

My project for this client is such that his directories contain "#" in
the folder names, #test, and other symbols.  The '#' is the only one
that gives me problems because I know its a anchor and htacess ignores
it.  My rewrite code is:

RewriteRule [^\#] \%23

My goal was to convert the '#' to %23 because it works as
example.com/%23test/test.html but not as example.com/#test/test.html.
The error is get is:

The requested URL /# was not found on this server.

So I am on the write track as when i try ^# %23 the # is ignore or
other variations give me 500 error.  Thanks for any help.