httpd-users mailing list archives

From Max Meyer <redeemerofsouls...@web.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache HTTP2 and benchmarking with h2load
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:58:09 GMT
I am trying to do some benchmarking on different HTTP/2 webservers using
"h2load" from nghttp2.org.

I configured Apache with HTTP/2 and in wireshark I can see HTTP/2
traffic when connecting with a browser like firefox.
When I use h2load it falls back to HTTP/1.1 claiming the server does not
support NPN/ALPN.
--------------
Example:

h2load -c1 -n1024 -m1024 myapache

starting benchmark...
spawning thread #0: 1 total client(s). 1024 total requests
TLS Protocol: TLSv1.2
Cipher: ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
No protocol negotiated. Fallback behaviour may be activated
Server does not support NPN/ALPN. Falling back to HTTP/1.1.
Application protocol: http/1.1
---------------

I tested h2load with an nginx installation and there it works fine, so
I'm guessing that it is not a problem on the h2load side.

My Apache site configuration looks like this.

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
     <VirtualHost _default_:443>
         ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

         DocumentRoot /var/www/html
         Protocols h2
         H2Push on

         ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
         CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

         SSLEngine on

         SSLCertificateFile    /etc/ssl/server.crt
         SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private.key

         <FilesMatch "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php)$">
                 SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
         </FilesMatch>
         <Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin>
                 SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
         </Directory>
     </VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

Apache Version: 2.4.23
Openssl: 1.0.2h

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?