httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Handling 413 Errors with ProxyPass
Date Mon, 01 May 2017 15:57:36 GMT
On Mon, 2017-05-01 at 19:17 +0800, Liwei wrote:

> Apache is acting as a proxy with mod_security being used to limit the
> maximum request sizes.

Aha!  Another component in the chain.  Do you get the same behaviour
if you remove mod_security and use LimitRequestBody instead?

> So Apache is the one generating the 413, but we have a specific error
> document on the backend that's shown to the user when the 413 error
> occurs:
>
>     (This is still a configuration line from the Apache proxy)
>     ErrorDocument 413 /ErrFileTooLarge

You mean /ErrFileTooLarge is itself a request that is proxied?
I can see how that would recurse: your error document is
configured to reject the request for exactly the same reason
as the original request.  But this is off the top of my head:
I haven't tried to reproduce it.

--
Nick Kew